Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday Faves

at World Fest at Silver Dollar City

* Film Fancies: Trim, a short film by Peter Simon 


* Something to Buy: This Waterford candle is the best I've ever smelled.  I wish it would go on sale. 

* Song of the Week: Here's a little Van to start your weekend; Someone Like You

* Great Read: Beauty Shop For Rent by Laura Bowers

* Because I'm a Word Nerd: How to use whom correctly

* A Little Whimsy: I couldn't really tell you why I love this recording so much, but I do. Neal Anderson on Mule Radio Syndicate

  * In Case You Missed It: A Spring-y List

* Some Things I Love: the way I always have more books waiting to be read, my iPhone, spring!, the yearly miracle of butterflies, old-fashioned mix-tapes, a new lipstick, little girls with pierced ears, giggling teenagers who have forgotten their need to be cool, happy voices sharing and talking about books

6 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

Love having books waiting to be read! Happy voices talking about books. Little girls with pierce ears. So many things here to love.

amelia said...

Speaking of word nerds and an over abundance of books--I just ordered Between You and Me: Confessions of a Comma Queen, by Mary Norris. It was suggested by Amazon . . . and once I started reading the preview, I could hardly pull myself away. :)

alexa said...

Your opening photo deserves a mention too - very striking! Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Sally Wessely said...

Love your lists! Thanks for the inspiration as we spring forth.

Yiota said...

I always find something I like in your Friday Faves lists.
Loved the spring-y list. I even ordered The Enchanted April before writing this comment!

Jeanie said...

What IS it about new lipstick? I love it, too! So sharp and clean!

Oldies, but Goodies