Monday, October 20, 2014

a little bit of awesome



We spent the day with my parents on Saturday.  My Dad said, "You really love photographing flowers, don't you?"  I hadn't thought much about it, but he is exactly right.  I do. And, I love that he noticed.  Doesn't it make you feel loved when people notice things about you?


My Dad's is right, I do love photographing flowers.  The problem is, I don't love gardening.  I hate being on the ground - achy knees.  I don't like the dirt under my nails or on my hands.   And, I hate the worms.  So.  What's a girl to do?  Affordable supermarket flowers aren't usually pretty enough for the pictures I want to take.  Local florists are wildly expensive and don't have much variety.


Enter my newest fave:


The Bouqs Company is absolutely amazing!  The flowers are grown on the side of a volcano - really.  They ship quickly and the customer service is amazing. As you can see, the flowers are stunning.  I am not a florist and have no fancy tricks or vases.  The flowers are just that gorgeous.  Look how beautiful the ranunculus and larkspur are.  I think the price is very reasonable for the quality you get.  Whether you are treating yourself or a friend, I think you would love the Bouqs. I know I do.

9 comments:

Debby said...

Your flowers are beautiful. I went to there site and they have great flowers. I will keep them in mind.

Debby said...

Your flowers are beautiful. I went to there site and they have great flowers. I will keep them in mind.

Jeanne said...

Fabulous flowers and your photographs are lovely.
Flowers are food for our souls.

S. Etole said...

Fascinating in their beauty and intricate design.

Lisa Gordon said...

These really are beautiful flowers, Relyn, and your photographs of them are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers and you immortalise their fragile beauty so well Relyn! I think it was the painter Winifred Nicholson who said (quoting someone else perhaps?) that the secret to the cosmos could be seen in a flower. She painted a lot of flowers.

Marilyn Miller said...

I would not have thought of ordering flowers online. What a treat. I usually buy what is on special at the market throughout the winter. Taking a photography class right now and hearing what is our trademark photos to take. I would say your dad nailed it.

amelia said...

Ooh, I love it--thank you so for passing them along! :)

Jeanne said...

Will definitely look in to the Bouqs. I love treating myself to flowers, and this looks like a perfect way to do it. Thanks so much for sharing.

Oldies, but Goodies