Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday Faves


* Great Read: The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie

* Make Something: lots of tutorials from Emily

* Learn Something: an amazing, slightly scary TED Talk

* Cry a Little: My Beautiful Woman (link from my friend Suz) 

* Images of the Week: Tulips and vintage postcards by Claire Brocato

* Anticipating: getting a lot of school work done today - if I ever stop blogging

* A Song: "Every Ship Must Sail Away" by Blue Merle

* Quote of the Week: "If I had a flower for every time I thought of you,
I could walk in my garden forever." ~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

* PINspiration: Beautiful Abandoned, curated by Laura Fink-Klein

* Film Fancies: Sand art 

* To Make You Laugh: watch this banned commercial (PG13)

* BLOGspiration: Lisa Gordon 

* In Case You Missed It: A Happy House

Happy weekend, friends.

8 comments:

Suz said...

I had forgotten your house story...it was terrific...glad I thought so back then!
I remember my story about that house...quite different :)
Oh I didn't like that commercial, didn't make me laugh at all....
all I could think of was that poor child.....who made him this way
but in general I get the trying times of parenthood

S. Etole said...

I like the motion in your photo, and Lisa's site is one of my favorites.

Jeanne said...

I love your Friday Faves and all you post.............
Blessings

Love Jeanne

Willow said...

Loved all your Friday Favs.
I have a huge light hearted sense of humor so I DID find that commercial funny as that it what it was meant to be I would imagine in some ways :)) also sends a message if you aren't prepared to be a good parent ~ then think twice before going there perhaps. But I do understand how some would also find it offensive ~ I am also fair minded :))

Mac n' Janet said...

I love the condom commercial, should be required viewing.

Marilyn Miller said...

You share such amazing things. Beautiful Woman touched my heart. The commercial did make me smile. Loved the Happy House and the Sand Art is just amazing!

Jennifer Richardson said...

The life you build is so beautiful:)
thanks for sharing the overflow,
Jennifer

alexa said...

I love that Beautiful Aabandoned ... Thank-you!

Oldies, but Goodies