Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

It has become a tradition for everyone present to help write my Thanksgiving Day blog post. Everyone here joins me in wishing you a happy, happy Thanksgiving. We pray your year will be joyous. We pray you'll know bone deep how very much you are loved. We pray you will know you are blessed each day that you live. From our home to yours happy Thanksgiving, my friends. I love you.

pear

a list of gratitude

* Arlen's life * Sloane's height * mashed potatoes and gravy * Sloane-made pumpkin pie with whipped cream on top * friends * our Bible study group * Thomas Elementary * spurts of energy * trip to Alaska with my granddaughter * full stomachs * dogsled ride * turkey * warm house on a cold day * a paid for house, every day * old friends * a good doctor * Alaska * a house we can afford * long walks * left-over turkey sandwiches * ice skating * cute clothes * polka dots * the Bible * the way my Daddy always does the dishes * getting taller * Thanksgiving * great jewelry * Post it notes * thoughtful people * good health for my family * hot air balloon rides * Mesa Verde * kites * craft projects * It's a Wonderful Life * root beer * blogging * half of half store * Target * shooting * photography * a beautiful home * working in a library * Papa * cousins * still being able to work at 74 * travel * paid for, dependable, fuel-efficient automobiles * Tara, Briana, Melissa, Anita, Kelly, Krista, and Katie * students that remind you of why you do the job * Alert * tabbouleh * having a job * grandparents * America, America, America * the right to vote * dogs, dogs, dogs * the way our puppies look curled up asleep in their doghouse * the power of prayer * a clean, organized closet * Doug Reeves and his bow tie * Christmas is just around the corner * books * friends at work * comparatively inexpensive fuel prices * star gazing * blogs * wood fires * no school * public libraries * purple * the increasing gospel opportunities around the world * birthdays * Jeffrey's family * used book stores * Persephone * glasses * 2012 Olympics * colored ink pens * swimming pools * cameras * rainbows, after Joplin tornado * unimpaired vision * taste buds * road trips * Lauren and her family (Sloane's best friend) * chocolate * God's blessings yet to come * faith * laughter * family game nights * wonderful sisters * pizza * Sloane's cross necklace * movie nights * fresh, running water * showers * the way we are always needing new bookshelves * having enough * paperbackswap.com * Littlest Pet Shop * pretty dishes * free pain medicine * Walther P.22 * Wednesday Wars * iPods * veterans * Bapak * service men and women * vintage cameras * JD * good podcasts * lace curtains * adventures * teachers * Mrs. Highley * Ibu * magazines * choices * Sloane, Sloane, Sloane * the chance to be a parent * life * liberty * Gareth * stuffed animals * love * hugs * kisses * affection * giggles * love, love, love *

31 comments:

Lubna said...

Thanksgiving is such a beautiful festival. It should spread across the globe. Happy thanksgiving and wishing you much joy ahead.

christina said...

...you. i am so thankful for you and your beautiful family. i still hold my dreams, at the idea of hugging you, one day. ; )
xoxo

Roban said...

I love how you involved your whole family in your list of gratitudes. And I love visiting your blog! I've missed it AND you!

Cindy said...

Relyn so glad you had a wonderful day, I love your list of gratitudes. your living fabulously my friend. hugs.

Tracy said...

This is soooo sweet, Relyn... And many thanks for your lovely note at my place. How happy I am we're friends. :o) LOVE is the gift I'm most thankful for, as I'm blessed to be surrounded by so much of it. Wishing you all a lovely holiday weekend now. ((LOVE & HUGS))

miruspeg said...

Relyn I love lists and your list of gratitude is super.
It is wonderful connecting with you again my friend.
Warmest hugs
Peggy xxxxx

Cathie said...

hope you are enjoying all the little moments that today has for you lovely Relyn.
i absolutely love your grateful list, such a wonderful thing to do.

thank you for the sweetness & the bday wishes.
I wish you a great thanksgiving with many wonderful giggles & hugs around you.
hugs ♥

Gigi Thibodeau said...

Thank you, my beautiful, magical friend. Thank you for all the joy, insight, and inspiration you bring to the world. I am so grateful to know you and to call you my friend. I look forward to the day when we share a cup and a long, long talk . . . and hugs, plenty of hugs. xoxo Gigi

Scrappy Grams said...

Relyn, what a spiritual lift I had today when opening my e-mails. Thank you for your kind words. May you and your family be blessed this holiday season. ~hugs~

Amy said...

I just love this idea . . . and love you, too! :)

HKatz said...

I hope your days are full of blessings.

Gratitude for being alive and for everything good in our lives is fundamentally one of the best attitudes a person can have, and you bring that out in your blog with every post.

Marilyn Miller said...

Thankful for you with giggles and love. I just love your lists. Thankful you have special students and Sloane and family surrounding you. You are blessed!

Unknown said...

Dear Relyn, thank you for your thanksgiving wishes--hoping you had a wonderful thanksgiving and sending you all good thoughts and prayers!

xo Mary Jo

Joanna said...

FANTASTIC Thanksgiving list - I love that everyone there pitched in.

xx

Unknown said...

I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful! I loved the gratitude list and actually wanted to hear some of the stories behind the list. Take good care, my friend!

rachel awes said...

+ relyn,
thanksgiving has passed,
all the many feet running
through our house
+ warmth from the all day on oven
+ fire burning in the living room
+ saying hello + i love you more than once + being so tired + full from it all
+ seeing your sweetest goodnight to me + all you + yours are thankful for here... i see how it keeps going/the loveliness.
so grateful for you. xo

Erin Wallace said...

Helyn, Thank You so much for your kind comment on my blog. I've been a bit down about my blog recently and it was so good to hear from an old clogging friend that my blog and I are appreciated. I am thankful for you today, my friend.

Andrea said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment on Sitka's blog/All Gods Creatures. My thankful list is at Arise 2 Write (http://arise2write.blogspot.com).

Thank you so much for brightening my day. May GOD BLESS you as never before and continue to pour HIMSELF out to you and through you in ways beyond your comprehension.

Big hugs, lots of love, and prayers,
andrea

beth said...

this is such a gift to all of you and for all of us....xoxo

Anita said...

What a wonderful list of blessings. I am inspired to be grateful for all the "little things" that we usually take for granted.
Hope you and your family had a Happy Thanksgiving!

GraceGal said...

What a wonderful post! And such an encouraging comment you left on mine. Blessings to you and your family :)

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea. Love the list. Will remember this for next year-- and then copy your idea with thanks given to you!

Anonymous said...

Sunrises, sunsets, the hours in between them, and Relyn's blog.

Kyra said...

Thank you Relyn,

- for giving me so many beautiful poem to read every sunday

- for giving me so many delightful posts to read

- for giving me so many new ideas, new perspectives to think about and try out

- for some new suggestions through your lovely lists

- for being who u are, a beautiful person, a lovely wife, a superb mum and for sharing all that u have with us all around and filling our lives with the joy that you have been blessed with.

for all this

Thank you and hugs

Meeta

Mommy Emily said...

you are such a blessing to so many, relyn. thank you. hope you are having a happy thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving tradition and list. Thank you for your terrific and inspirational blog, Relyn!

Lisa Johnson said...

Thank you for your warm words and visit to my blog! I hope you're having a great weekend and still feeling the goodness of Thanksgiving. : )

Joanna Jenkins said...

That is a fantastic list :-)

Hope your Thanksgiving was grand.

xo jj

Jennifer Richardson said...

heart swelling:)
love and season's graces
to you all,
Jennifer

Elizabeth Halt said...

Heart full.

I hope you and yours had a lovely Thanksgiving. I am thankful for your blog, your words and images, and your lovely presence and friendship.

Happy happy Sunday, dear Relyn.

Kirsten Steen said...

Another lovely list (and photo)! Hoping you had a grand family day with tremendous amounts of food and love!
xoxo~Kirsten

Oldies, but Goodies