* Some Things I Love:clematis (see above) and other climbing, flowering plants, this record-breakingly cool July we've been having, making decisions that feel good deep in my gut, waking up without an alarm clock, time to read a huge pile of magazines in one sitting, my new Relyn Lawson Photography postcards, the way our house looks all freshly painted and deep cleaned
Happy weekend, friends. What delights do you have planned?
You have rented an apartment.
You come to this enclosure with physical relief,
your heavy body climbing the stairs in the dark,
the hall bulb burned out, the landlord
of Greek extraction and possibly a fatalist.
In the apartment and leaning against one wall,
your daughter' painting of a large frilled cabbage,
against a dark sky with pinpoints of stars.
The eager vegetable opening itself
as if to eat the air, or speak in cabbage
language of the meanings within meanings;
while the points of stars hide their massive
violence in the dark upper half of the painting.
You can live with this.
~ Ruth Stone
* Things I Love:family movie nights, magazines, magazines, magazines, finishing summer projects, keeping icy mugs in the freezer, Sloane's cupcakes, the sound of kids at swim practice, day long swim meets, working with Jeffrey on our home, homegrown zinnias in bud vases all over the house
* Great Read: Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
* Because I'm a Word Nerd: Y'all, Youse and Yous Guys
I couldn't wait until my Friday Faves. I just had to tell you about this great new company I've discovered. Treat is a new branch of Shutterfly, and it is incredible. I spent some time this morning making cards to send to all my recent photography clients. It's been a mild summer here in Missouri, which has been perfect for all the photo-shoots I've been doing. Look:
Charming Postage by Treat
I wanted to go beyond the typical thank you notes. And, look what I did. With Treat you can customize every part of your card. Check out the inside of this one.
inside of Charming Postage by Treat
I made this one, too. In fact, I got caught up on a lot of my thank you notes today. It was just so easy and so much fun.
InstaThanks by Treat
I just kept going.
Gracious Blocks by Treat
Splendid Thanks by Treat
Photo Friends by Treat
Think about it. Most cards at Hallmark cost $4.00 and you have to run an errand to get it. Not to mention going to the post office for more stamps because you never seem to have any. Am I right? Then, you still have to track down the address, address it, and finally get the darn thing in the mail. Which, is where I always fail in my good intentions. I currently have 4 unaddressed, but written thank you cards in a stack just waiting to be mailed. UGH.
inside of Photo Friends by Treat
Enter Treat. You can do it all online. Make the card, address it, and have it mailed for you. All, for no more than $4.00. Or, you can go with the digital option for $0.99. And, they offer so much more than just thank you notes.
See? I told you it was great.
What about you? What company do you love? Is there a service you use that makes your life easier?
* Things I Love:The United States of America, soldiers in uniform, Uncle Sam, fireworks, saying the Pledge of Allegiance every morning, national parks, the sense of reverence at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, seeing Old Glory wave with an Olympian standing beneath; hand over heart, watching my dad stand and salute, singing "America the Beautiful" from the top of Pike's Peak, baseball, hots dogs, mom, and apple pie